Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently May 16th, 2024, 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 6:35 pm 

This game:
http://www.pc98.org/sakusaku.html

Does it have a prequel? I think it does...

This Wikipedia page lists:

同人ゲーム

S.A.(田中ブラザーズ)
S.A.2(田中ブラザーズ)
S.A.3(田中ブラザーズ)
サクサク大強盗(田中ブラザーズ)
サクサク大強盗R(田中ブラザーズ)
E.S.P.(田中ブラザーズ)

Notice how one has an "R" next to it and another doesn't? It looks to me like it does have a prequel, albeit a not very well know one. Googling the Japanese only brings up results for the R version.

One of the readers on the HG101 forum wants to cover Sakusaku Daigoutou Returns, but if there's a prequel he'll need to cover that too, so I thought I'd ask on here.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 3:38 am 

Please excuse me if I have got this wrong - I just collect the stuff ;)

I couldn't find any others in my PC-98 files, but I figured: maybe the prequel was made for the PC-88. I found 2 files -

Sakusaku_Daigoto

and Sakusaku_Daigoto_+

I put the .d88s up at

http://www.retroprograms.com/SakuSaku.7z

if they are of any interest.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 7:06 am 

Pete, my fellow South African, you are a genius. I kept Googling for info on a PC98 version, and all I could find was reference to the Return versions (even searching with "-returns"). I never considered the prequel would be on PC88.

You are also correct - those are indeed it! All the games are by A-Inn, and the scenario fits the profile. You play as a savage who goes around raping, robbing and pillaging. The two PC88 games seem to be identical - though only the + version has H-scenes.

Last edited by Sketcz on November 17th, 2012, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 4:43 pm 

Going through this for the sake of the article I kinda got stuck. Killed everyone I could in both accesible castles and roamed through both shafts. But there's two guys in the first castle with 120 HP I just can't get past, cause I have like 95 HP myself and only do 1 point of dammage to thos guys.

Also the second cave/shaft leads to one exit, but that brings up a screen that talks about something that has to do with drive 1.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 7:56 pm 

You're playing the standard version - you should be playing the "+" version. It has the nude portraits, plus when you go to the second shaft it leads you outside to a giant power plant.

I've taken screens of the dialogue that guy in the cave gives. I think this version was sold at Comiket as a kind of cut down demo...

I took a bunch of screens actually. I'll post the dialogue screens and someone with better Japanese than me can maybe translate it.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 8:27 pm 

Sketcz wrote:
You're playing the standard version - you should be playing the "+" version. It has the nude portraits, plus when you go to the second shaft it leads you outside to a giant power plant.

I've taken screens of the dialogue that guy in the cave gives. I think this version was sold at Comiket as a kind of cut down demo...

I took a bunch of screens actually. I'll post the dialogue screens and someone with better Japanese than me can maybe translate it.

That would explain the difference in file size (though that might be due to picture omission as well ?). Anyways gonna look into it some further, but still, this game is far less exciting then the sequel, purely because there all combat takes place in real time. Yeah, it's Hydlide style but damn is dual hammerin things to death fun when you're actualy withering someone's health bar away yourself.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2012, 12:18 pm 

Well, we don't have to dedicate a lot of space to this, since it seems a bit crap. But I would like to find out why there are two versions for PC88, and whether this was just a Comiket title, or a full blown release. We can run your article on a single page: first this game, acting also an intro of sorts, followed by the bigger and better PC98 sequel.

I'm assuming there are just these three games in the series?

In case you wanted it, here are is the message text from the guy in the cave. If you load the PLUS version, you find a skeleton instead! This talks about people having answered a questionnaire I think? From what I can tell you're supposed to have some kind of supplementary disk? Whatever it is, it doesn't happen in the PLUS release.

If you check the root directory, you'll also find other screens I took, minus two nudie ones. I want to check with the chief before leaving those on there.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2012, 11:02 pm 

Oh and right after I found the secret entrance through that one sign I got hopelessly lost again anyway.

Yeah the sequel had that elevator part but this is just nebulous.