Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 24th, 2012, 9:43 am 

I need to know which screen resolutions and graphic modes can use the game "Puyo Puyo 2 CD" for the PC-9821. Looking at the manual it seems to say something about 256 colors but I'm not sure.
Is it a "256 color only" game or does it support 16 bit color mode?
Is it 640x200?
Is it 640x400?
Is it 640x480?
Does it outputs 15 kHz?
Does it outputs 24 kHz?
Does it outputs 31 kHz?

My monitor (Sony Trinitron Multiscan E400) attached to the PC-9821 (a Cereb model with VGA out) don't support the video output for this game.
Is there any method for switching it to a VGA resolution (31 kHz)? (Tried with the combinations "GRPH+1" and "GRPH+2" at startup but that doesn't do anything)
I had the same problem before with some other games like "Branmarker 2", but solved all those resolution problems using an accurate version of the driver "AVGDRV.SYS". The problem now is that Puyo Puyo 2 seems to not use that driver (I have added to the boot disk but it has no effect).

*EDIT: Maybe this game outputs 640x200 resolution at 60 Hz vertical frequency, 15.63 kHz horizontal frequency, and 256 color mode. Can anybody confirm this, please? But this is strange, because as far as I now, all games at 60 Hz, 15.63 kHz, and using any resolution, can be shown in a CRT TV screen using a "VGA to RGB Scart cable"; but with this game using that cable doesn't work either. Does this mean that CRT TVs don't support 640x200 resolution? @_@