Tokugawa Corporate Forums

Retro Japanese Computing
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 12th, 2015, 5:43 am 

Ileca wrote:
Sorry if you took that as rudeness but I really tried my best to find ways to improve your software. I took time to check on it yesterday while I am really busy, to find every little new enhancements to help you creating something people will find very useful. It takes me too much time to write those posts (I am not talking about just here) because I am not fluent in english and I don't know how to respect the conventions without losing a lot of time checking my formulations. In fact, I even thought we didn't have the need for as we were talking about the subject in depth which allowed me to be frank. I already told you how I found your software useful.

Once again, sorry for being rude.
It's fine. The PC-98 threads at VNDb are fun to check up on every now and then...y'all are doing great work for that database!

PostPosted: August 12th, 2015, 9:51 pm 

I too, am hoping you'll continue the project one day, Peter! Good luck!

-Thomas

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:26 am 

I also want to tell you that your program is awesome and really usefull. It helped a lot in my port of Neko Project for Xbox, as your program makes possible very interesting features, like searching by 2 or more parameters (for example, games that are puzzle AND not-adult... and sort them by year or whatever).

It is a very usefull software, and the fact that you spent your time creating it and released it for free, is very very nice. Thank you very much, peter_j!! I hope you don't become discouraged, I'm sure that a lot of people here think the same than me :)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 3:13 pm 

Thank you to those posting encouragement here and via message - much appreciated.

I have no intention of not working on the program: if there are crashing bugs I'll fix as soon as I can, and I am quite happy to consider civil change requests. The provisos are that I do not have much time at the moment, and any changes involving major restructure will unfortunately not be done.

If anyone wishes to use the database, it is a SQLlite one ( free to use, widely implemented ), the schema is there, and if you can't see the schema, I'll post the CREATE TABLE SQL I used. Very simple single-table file. Then, if you wish, you can write the user interface the way you like it.

I'd like to say also that the actual data I use is the major effort, by Ben and kobushi, and I am grateful for their permission-to-use and their help.

Thanks

Peter

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 2:50 pm 

This seems like a really cool project! Aside from the DB, do you have a repository where your pulling your game files and screenshots? If it's more or less complete, I'd be interested in getting that information online, though I don't know of such a repository already exists or not.